If you are looking to become part of an energetic team in a fast-growing business, Community Choice Credit Union may be the right fit for you. We are an established, growing, and successful financial institution with offices located in Des Moines, Clive, Johnston, Altoona, Ankeny, and Ames having business relationships in all 99 counties of Iowa.
Account Services Representative
Are you a good listener? Do you enjoy a little digging to get to the root of a problem? Does helping our members when they really need it interest you?
If you answered yes to these questions and want an opportunity for professional growth and continued learning, please keep reading!
Account Services is looking for someone to join their A-team.
It’s more than collections! Your problem solving skills will be used almost exclusively via telephone and e-mail to help members overcome disruptions to their personal finances and assist them in fulfilling their obligation with Community Choice. We guarantee this role offers something new and challenging on a daily basis. In addition to being challenged daily the experience will broaden your understanding of loans, credit cards and deposit accounts and provides an opportunity to learn how to make decisions in the best interest of Community Choice and also yourself.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work and managing delinquent loan, credit card and overdrawn checking account queues.
- Maintains accurate files and document all collection activity.
- Hold the member accountable to the promise.
- Recommend escalated courses of action through the appropriate chain of command.
- Process levies and garnishments as needed.
- File insurance related claims.
- Answer general account questions for members and staff regarding loan payments and past due notices.
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Proficient critical thinking and deficient at thinking critically.
- Initiative with a strong sense of urgency
- Courtesy, tact, diplomacy and confidentiality as these are essential elements of the job. The work involves utilizing excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills coupled with the ability to be direct, yet tactful.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret financial data and make appropriate decision with minimum supervision. Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Desire to be service oriented and results driven.
- Computer Skills - Basic understanding of Microsoft Office products with the desire to learn several programs that include but are not limited to Phoenix, VIP Card Station and VIP Access.
- A high school education or equivalent
- Financial knowledge - General knowledge of loans, credit cards and deposit accounts would be helpful.
What we’re offering:
- UNusual pay and benefits, which includes; medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, generous PTO, and 2 incredible retirement plans.
- UNexpected work environment.
- UNmatched resources for success.
- UNlimited opportunity to help others.
- UNbelievable new friends.
- If you’re still reading after all of that, you’re either really bored today OR you’re interested in this position. Apply online or contact Devan Vogt at (515) 334-8158 firstname.lastname@example.org