Community Choice is looking for an exceptional, creative-minded Marketing Manager to help us save the world from boring banking. You’ll be executing marketing campaigns that are in Community Choice’s unique “UNbanking” voice. The ideal candidate has experience strategizing and creative concepting for marketing campaigns across multiple mediums (web, email, tv, radio, digital, direct mail, etc.). You’ll need to be able to leverage all facets of each form of media in order to produce the most effective work.
Working alongside the marketing and business development teams, and very closely with our company-owned marketing agency for fulfilment, you will be hands-on in both execution and managing the creative process. You’ll own everything from concepting campaigns, setting creative direction, writing copy, pitching ideas to others, policing and promoting the Community Choice brand, and owning the work that goes out the door.
Responsibilities (the stuff you’re gonna own):
- Relentlessly be on the lookout for great ideas.
- Leverage data to develop new ideas toward reaching strategic goals.
- Concept, write, and oversee design of all Community Choice marketing and advertising campaigns, creative elements, graphics, message, etc. (You won’t be the designer.)
- Lead creative concepting and copywriting, and oversee the design process to ensure final products meet campaign goals & objectives.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of creative output by originating ideas – but always open to honest feedback and constructive criticism.
- Maintain highest levels of honesty, and transparency – especially when things get challenging.
- Have the courage to have hard conversations with fellow employees and vendors in order to always push the company forward.
- Have a bold and clear creative vision on the Community Choice brand, personality, perspective, and reason for being.
- Leverage all assets effectively to create consistent lead generation for all Community Choice product offerings.
- Continuously evaluate all channels to determine which are viable, and scale up as appropriate.
- Effective triage and prioritization of work. Your list will never get smaller.
- Be comfortable with wearing a lot of hats. Have fun. Work hard. Value teamwork.
- Manage, track, and maintain detailed records for a large marketing budget.
Your Qualifications & Experience
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of experience.
- You are a remarkable individual – Someone with a contagious personality who has joy in what they do while building up the team around them.
- You have a track record of creative thinking, creative concepting, and achieving results.
- You ask questions. Even when you think you understand. Relentlessly digging into marketing problems to uncover the root message or “hook”.
- You are a student of marketing and behavioral economics.
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts.
- Must be able to work in a (very) fast-paced environment, multi-task and prioritize.
- Comfortable interacting with people at all levels of the organization – from the executive team to the branch staff – as well as inside and outside vendors.
- Energetic, inquisitive, and collaborative with a great attitude and go-getter mentality.
- You’re a challenger and a risk taker. You believe in something bigger than just yourself.
- You enjoy working with a high level of autonomy, and are collaborative when needed.
- Self-awareness is a must. Responsibility & Ownership are second nature to you. You never point fingers or pass blame to others.
About Community Choice
UNusual. UNexpected. UNbanking. Community Choice is known for thinking differently. Our belief is “why be like everyone else, when everyone else is exactly the same?” With a continued track record of growth and achievement, we believe the best is yet to come. We want you to be a part of that success.
We’re a company of fast-paced rule-breakers on a mission to find new ways of creating delightful experiences for our members and the community. We believe in a “one-team” mindset, despise hubris, and trust that working together with constant reframing of challenges will yield great rewards.
We work with urgency, achieve with passion and believe in the impossible. In a world full of arbitrary rules, playing it safe, and “you can’t do that” limitations – Community Choice doesn’t subscribe to that way of thinking. We dream differently.
- We are relentless – We are team players with an entrepreneurial spirit. We do what it takes to win. We’re self-starters, scrappy, and get work done without whining, or complaining.
- We are honest – we believe in being honest and transparent, especially when things get challenging. We aren’t afraid to have hard conversations with each other… in order to always push the company forward.
- Community is more than a part of our name – Through our time, our dollars, our creative thinking, and our partnerships, we collectively work to help the surrounding community.
- We are one team – We consistently act in the best interest of “one team” and realize that getting to the goal post is more important than who gets the credit.
- We see opportunity everywhere – Whether it’s new marketing ideas, innovative technologies, or strategic partnerships, we are always on the lookout for the next big thing.
- Creative and Energetic Environment
- Innovative and Award-Winning Marketing
- UNbelievable Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental & Life Insurance Benefits
- A daily challenge to question what you know and push your boundaries.
- A chance to focus on results – not just pretty pictures and dazzling design.
- The chance to bring big ideas into reality.
- Access to resources for success.
If this sounds like you, if Community Choice sounds like a place you could call “home”, and if you’re up for the challenge, we should talk. Send your cover letter and resume by clicking the button below.