If you are looking to become part of an energetic team in a fast-growing business, Community Choice Credit Union may be the right fit for you. We are an established, growing, and successful financial institution with offices located in Des Moines, Clive, Johnston, Altoona, Ankeny, and Ames having business relationships in all 99 counties of Iowa.
Business Development Specialist
UNusual. UNexpected. UNbanking. Community Choice Credit Union has become known for thinking differently when it comes to its approach to business development. Our belief is “why be like everyone else when those identities are already taken?”
At nearly half a billion in assets, Community Choice believes the best is yet to come. We want you to be a part of that success.
The race to remain relevant is one of the charges of the marketing/business development department. The team checks their egos and believes teamwork with constant reframing of challenges will yield great rewards.
We work with urgency, achieve with passion and believe in the impossible.
Based in Johnston, Iowa, CCCU has nearly 50,000 members served via 6 branches.
What we’re offering:
- The opportunity to wake up each morning yearning for a breakfast, lunch and dinner loaded with hearty helpings of business development strategy and implementation.
- A daily challenge to question what you know, learn what you need, grow your marketing skills and push your boundaries.
- Your best opportunity to not just think outside the box, but also to realize that there is no box.
- A chance to focus on results, not just the same old event-based business development
- The ability to transform big data into big ideas and even bigger member service.
- UNusual pay and benefits.
- UNexpected work environment.
- Resources for success.
- New friends.
What you need to be good at:
- Engaging with people—no debbie downers here!
- Creative Out-of-the-box Thinking
- Team Focused
- Comfortable with a high level of autonomy
What we need from you:
- A sincere desire to serve others. Personally and professionally.
- Handle the day-to-day business development needs set forth by Community Choice.
- Conceive and create successful business development initiatives across a variety of mediums.
- Extract and interpret data to achieve goals.
- Develop, manage and monitor business relationships
- Growing social media presence for Community Choice
- Wearing a lot of hats.
- Having fun.
- Creating a memorable office.
- A belief in the value of teamwork.
- Responsibility for providing supporting materials for decision-making along with accountability metrics for performance.
- Willingness and desire to be a student of business development in order to make ongoing learning apart of your approach to achieving success.
What it’s like working here:
- We achieve with passion and work with urgency.
- We’re a very tight-knit group of talented misfits.
- Our titles are mostly placeholders and change by the minute.
- We don’t operate like most marketing/business development departments.
- We work without safety nets or red tape.
- We’re friendly and relaxed.
- We are not afraid to fail through experimentation.
- We despise corporate identity manuals.
- We dine on a full serving of awesome sauce daily.