Community Choice & COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
What we're doing to keep everyone safe, while delivering the best member experience possible.
Just like you, we're consistently monitoring the latest news and updates regarding the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
(As the situation evolves we will update this page with the latest information. Last update 3/17/2020.)
Lobbies Temporarily Closing - Drive-ups to REMAIN OPEN
In light of recent government recommendations and out of abundance of caution, we are temporarily suspending lobby services in our branches beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020. However, our drive-up service as well as our video teller machine will remain open during regular business hours.
How will I access my money?
- Drive-ups will continue to remain open during regular business hours. (As well as our Grimes video teller machine.)
- ATMs will be available 24/7 - find locations
- You can transfer funds, pay bills, deposit checks, pay a friend, and much more via Online Banking and our Mobile App
Can I still pay bills or make loan payments?
- Continue to pay your bills like you always have: check, ACH, online bill pay, etc.
- You can make loan payments via online banking, mobile app, drive-up, or even mail it in.
What if I need help from a real person?
- Our drive-up staff can help you.
- Our call-center will be staffed to assist with any issues moving forward: (515)334-8100 or online during regular business hours.
I know this is a crazy question, but is my money safe?
- YES! All of your deposits at Community Choice are Federally Insured by the National Credit Union Administration for up to $250,000.00. No matter what happens, the Federal Government has you covered.
- Community Choice is very strong financially and (just like all financial institutions across the country) consistently examined by officials from Federal, State, & Local agencies.
- Staff will continue to be available to help, no matter what the situation, even if things get crazy.
What if I need access to my safe deposit box?
- Contact us for an appointment via phone at (515)334-8100 during regular business hours.
What if I need to sign loan documents?
- Your account executive will work with you to set an appointment.
If I lost my debit card, how do I get a replacement?
- Contact us via phone at (515)334-8100 or online during regular business hours and we'll assist you.
Our pandemic response plan
We're doing everything we can to kick COVID-19 in the can. As part of our pandemic response and business continuity plans, we want to make you aware of what action we're taking to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus:
- All office locations are taking additional cleaning measures to regularly sanitize work areas and other high-use surfaces.
- UNfortunately we have to pause popcorn Fridays, coffee, giant gumballs, and other food items for now.
- To help prevent any potential spread (in the event anyone does become infected) we are implementing social-distancing measures where employees who normally work in close-contact areas, are being relocated to work farther apart or from a solo office.
- All non-essential business travel, meetings and gatherings have been canceled or postponed, or are now taking place as virtual meetings.
- Also, in order to ensure continuity of services, we are taking steps now to equip critical employees with the abilty to work remotely as the need arises. This will ensure we are able to assist our members regardless of the situation.
UNbank from home
UNbank from home any time, day or night. You can access your UNbanking needs online and via mobile with 24 hour-access. Through these convenient tools you can handle many of your financial needs, apply for loans, make deposits, and more.
If you need to reach out to an UNbanking expert, we'll be here to help via phone at (515)334-8100 or online during regular business hours to assist with all of your financial needs.